Businesses directly impacted by the Victorian floods that commenced in October 2022 can access a one-off grant of $5000 to cover immediate expenses.
To be eligible Businesses must be located within an eligible local government area and must have incurred significant direct damage to their place of business, business assets, stock or equipment.
Examples of significant direct damage from floods could include:
- property, business assets, stock or equipment directly damaged by flood water and clean-up or their replacement (purchase or hire) is now necessary
- structural damage to property, business assets, stock or equipment has occurred as a direct result of the floods and now a qualified person (e.g. tradesperson) is required to inspect (e.g. safety) or repair affected items
- the place of business is unsafe due to direct flood damage and temporary premises are required to resume business operations
- property, business assets, stock or equipment was swept away by flood water and their replacement is essential to resume business operations.
Eligible businesses can apply for the grant to cover expenses incurred from direct flood damage including for (but not limited to):
- qualified tradespeople to conduct safety inspections, repair premises and internal fittings
- equipment, materials and services needed for clean-up
- removal and disposal of debris, damaged materials or damaged stock
- equipment, stock and materials essential for immediately resuming operations.
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply now via this link APPLY NOW
Check your details are correct on the Australian Business Register website prior to applying.
Applications for this program will close at 4pm on Friday 13 January 2023 or earlier if funds are exhausted. Applications will be assessed on a first-in, first-served basis.
BUSINESS RELIEF SERVICE
The Business Relief Service is a free service offering one-on-one support from a local business relief adviser who will be available via telephone and on the ground to guide business owners through the available Commonwealth, state and local supports. They can also help you manage insurance and landlord issues, assess impacts and form strategies for recovery.
To access the Business Relief Service, please the Business Victoria hotline on 132215 and they will connect you with dedicated business relief advisers and support. The hotline operates seven days a week.