The Victorian Government’s $371 million Business Costs Assistance Program Round Two will assist eligible small to medium businesses most affected by the restrictions in place due to COVID19. The grant amount payable to an eligible business is determined by the business’ industry sector (see Eligible ANZSIC classes), the business’ location and the extent of lockdown restrictions.
The program originally offered grants of up to $5,000 to eligible small and medium businesses, in eligible sectors directly impacted by restrictions.
Yesterday, it was announced that a further $2,000 top-up payment will be available to businesses in metropolitan Melbourne that are closed due to extended restrictions also announced yesterday Wednesday 9 June 2021.
This takes the total amount available to businesses in eligible sectors to $7,000.
To be eligible, businesses must:
- be located within Victoria
- operate in an eligible sector listed in the list of eligible ANZSIC classesfor this program
- have incurred direct costs because of the restrictions and cannot fully operate remotely
- have an annual Victorian payroll of up to $10 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis
- have been registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on Thursday 27 May 2021
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at Thursday 27 May 2021
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
Employing businesses must also:
- be registered with WorkSafe Victoria
- attest that the business is supporting its workers to access any paid leave entitlements, or that if a person can work from home, to work from home during the circuit breaker action, and supporting their casual workers, where possible.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applications are open until 11:59 pm Thursday 24 June 2021.
Check your details on the Australian Business Register website are correct prior to submit an application. This includes ensuring the industry classification (ANZSIC class) linked to your ABN registration correctly captures the business’ primary business activity.
You must certify that your business meets all eligibility criteria.
When applying for this grant you will need:
- a valid Australian business number (ABN) for your business in one of these eligible business sectors. The ANZSIC class linked to your ABN registration must be one of these eligible sectors
- if you employ people, your WorkCover Employer Number (WEN) or, if this is yet to be issued, a WorkSafe Application Reference Number (WRN)
- a valid proof of identity document (Australian driver licence, Australian Passport, Medicare Card and Australian visa information and foreign passport).
Please make sure your ABN registration information is current, along with ASIC registration, or relevant regulator information where required.